VIN Checks

Any vehicle manufactured after the year 2000 that has an out-of-state title needs to have its VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) verified in order to have the car registered in Rhode Island.

We conduct VIN checks on weekdays (except holidays) from 8:30am to 6:30pm.

We provide this service to any Central Falls resident for a $15 fee. We also offer this service for non-residents for a $20 fee.

We accept the following payment from registered vehicle owners on weekdays (except holidays):

  • Money orders or cash: 8:30 am – 4:00 pm (Municipal Court clerk)
  • Money orders: 4:30pm – 6:30pm (main window)
  • Personal checks are not accepted.

You will need to bring the title for the car (unless it is held by a bank or finance company) and the current registration certificate.

CFPD Happenings